Protective Qualities of CML
CML creates a chemical shield against corrosion
through creation of a zone of alkalinity on the pipe surface.
The smooth interior surface of cement-mortar
lined pipe provides high hydraulic carrying capacity which is not decreased
Advantage of Spinning Methods
- Factory Operation – Done in permanent buildings with controlled
environment, protected from direct heat of the sun.
- Quality Assurance – Being a permanent factory, production line
includes inspection stations. Quality Control personnel has much better
control over all operations.
- Strength – 35 g force consolidation plays a major part in the
strength of lining.
- Lining Surface Finish – Completed lining has smooth,
well-finished surface free from excessive rough grain irregularities and
spiral shoulders usually caused by trowel finishing.
- Adherence of Mortar Lining – Strongly packed on and adheres to
cleaned steel surface as a result of high-speed rotation during lining